Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Shabby Scrapper opens January 14th - LET THE CLASSES BEGIN !!!

Hey, everybody, I'm back - I told most of you all that I had good news, so here it is:

A lot of you know that there is a new local scrapbook store opening in Arroyo Grande - long, long overdue.  Angie Dalziell is the proud owner of The Shabby Scrapper - an absolutely adorable store which is located at 1045 E. Grand Avenue, Arroyo Grande, CA  93420.  It was previously the Act II Boutique - across from Rabo Bank.  Her phone number is (805) 489-4430.  On my visits to the store, I've gotten to see some of the stock that is being put out for display, and it's WONDERFUL !!!  Not your run-of-the-mill items that you can find in any scrapbook section of a major chain, but all of the wonderful new papers that are out there, and from several sources that I had always wanted to get, but could never find a store that had them - well, Angie has them and you won't be let down when you see them !!!  She's receiving several shipments daily and tons more are planned.

She will be having her "soft opening" this Saturday, January 14th at 10:00 a.m., and her "grand opening" will be on Thursday, February 9th at 10:00 a.m.  Store hours are Tuesday through Friday, 10:00-5:30, and Saturday 10:00-3:00.

I am making several samples for the store, and will be making a sample for the first of many handmade books that I will be helping others learn to make at the store.  Each project will get more advanced as the weeks go on.  Each session will utilize fundamentals, techniques and knowledge learned in the previous class, and will allow you to build your bookmaking "library" of information, techniques, templates , and construction.  Later, you will be able to mix and match techniques and fundamental constructions to come up with your own designs.  

Our first one will be a simple project and will encompass our next holiday, Valentines Day !!!   This versatile mini can be converted and used throughout the year as a quick, adorable gift, for any occasion, simply by swapping out the papers for other themes of your choice.  During the first class we can also renew our friendships, and make new friends.  I will also be utilizing and sharing a ton of templates during these classes, which will be yours to keep and use in the future on additional books that you make - you'll be taught how to make your own envelopes also.  Lots to talk about, lots to learn, and tons of laughter and fun in the coming months.  

I will be sending another email of my posts here on the blog, with photos of our Valentines Day project, plus any pre-information that you should know about the class. I'm going to utilize the blog to notify those of you who requested to be notified of new projects.  I will be able to explain more thoroughly and include a ton if photos, if necessary, and not try to throw them into an email - it would be too large to send to everyone.  So, since the audiences for these emails ranges anywhere from Paso Robles to Lompoc, and points in between, I thought this would be the most informative for all of you - I hope you agree.  

The last local scrapbook store closed it's doors here almost immediately after my arrival to live here (I arrived here 7/21/09), when I moved from Michigan.  I'd like to thank you Angie for filling a huge void for me, and I know that tons of people in this area and beyond feel the same way - we want our local stores back - and especially our local scrapbook stores, where friendships are built, and there are always those other "crazy paper people" to inspire you and get you past that cropper's block.

I'll close for now, get busy on the samples for the store and the upcoming class - remember, it will be a very simple, but adorable and yet cool one - each one will progress after this.  My classes, at least in the beginning, will be conducted at The Shabby Scrapper on Sundays, starting at 1:00, and then the same class will be held on Thursdays, starting at 6:00 p.m., for those who are not able to attend on weekends, and work outside the home during the week.  These are tentative days and times.  I look forward to any suggestions that any of you have.  

Looking forward to seeing all of you again, and meeting other paper crafters.  2012 will be a very exciting year, for a lot of us, and I'm very excited !!!

See y'all real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment